7-year-old child dies as electric scooter battery explodes while charging

Palgar (Maharashtra): In a tragic incident, a 7-year-old boy lost his life when an electric scooter’s battery exploded while being charged here. The seriously injured boy was rushed to hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries. The deceased has been identified as Shabbir Shahnawaz. An investigation is underway.Read also – Kia EV6 GT Launch LIVE: The car accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 3.5 seconds; Check price, range, design and more

Electric scooters that suddenly catch fire have become a cause for concern lately. Earlier this year, a similar incident occurred when a man died when the removable battery of an electric scooter kept for charging exploded in his home in Telangana. Read also – Rohit Sharma’s gesture towards a fan goes viral ahead of the 3rd T20I against South Africa | View Post

In a series of such incidents, a father and daughter died of asphyxiation in the Vellore neighborhood due to smoke caused by the explosion of the electric bicycle while it was loaded. Read also – 1 dead, 5 seriously injured in gas cylinder explosion in Lucknow

How to protect electric vehicle batteries

  1. Minimize exposure to extremely high temperatures when parked.
  2. Minimize batteries to 100% state of charge.
  3. Avoid using fast charging.
  4. Monitor the optimal state of charge of the battery during prolonged storage.
Back To Top