Ola Electric is the child company of Ola which is a leader in the electric two-wheeler sector and has recently made significant progress in the electric vehicle market. Ola Electric was officially established in 2017 in association with Matrix India and Tiger India.
Under recent development and naming, the company is looking to get electric vehicles on the road in large numbers. An industry leader in app-based calling, Ola has used its shape to deliver products that are sleeker, easier to use, and safer to use.
What are the technical qualities of Ola Electric’s new EV?
With a motor output of 6,000 W and a torque of 50 Nm, Ola Electric’s top-of-the-range scooter has a maximum range of 80 km per charge. The Ola scooter has clocks, Bluetooth and mobile connectivity as technical features.
Battery weight (8.5 kg per module), trunk size (50 L), detailed diagnostics via the integrated application, 0-45 (3.9 s), speakers, Android operating system, Find My Scooter, Charge Control, Internet Connectivity, Navigation, Music, Hill Hold, Onboard Navigation, Keyless Entry, Reverse Assist & Cruise Control, Phone Control, Advanced Diagnostics, GPS/GLONASS/Galileo, Speedometer digital, trip meter and console with a 7 inch full screen touch screen are some of the additional features of the scooter.
With this knowledge, let’s take a look at the pros and cons of the Ola electric scooter.
Advantages of the Ola electric scooter
- Futuristic electric vehicle: Ola Electric is India’s first largest manufacturer with strong distribution potential in the market, but it also offers more futuristic, smoother and sleeker scooter options. They are ready to offer those qualities that we hadn’t even thought of like Bluetooth, Android OS, Find my scooter, Hill hold, built-in navigation, keyless entry, reverse assist, cruise control, etc.
- Prices: When you are ready to offer so many advances in a single scooter, people will be ready to spend as much price as you ask since the quality should not change. Excellent value is given to a best-in-class available feature. With superior performance compared to other mainstream scooters sold in India.
- Large network: Ola electric deliveries would have started simultaneously in more than 1,000 cities across the country. On paper, no (customer-centric) dealership model is ideal. Home deliveries and services, including preventative maintenance for things like brake pad wear.
- Charging and autonomy of the scooter: The Ola Electric offers 75 kilometers of autonomy with only 18 minutes of charge. If you want a full charge, the Ola S1 Electric takes 4 hours and 48 minutes to fully charge, while the S1 Pro can be charged with a 750W portable charger in 6 hours and 30 minutes.
- Certificates: The ARAI-certified range of 121 km for the S1 and 181 km for the S1 Pro, according to IDC, offers worry-free distance for daily errands.
Disadvantages of the Ola electric scooter
- Problems in the vehicle: There have been various issues reported against Ola electric scooters which turn out to be the main cause of failure in the growth of Ola electric vehicles. Let’s discuss these questions one by one.
- Fires– This incident was highly publicized as a man from Maharashtra reported this incident. The main reason for this failure is that Ola Electric’s battery cells and battery management system have a problem.
- Software malfunction: This includes sudden acceleration without intervention and the scooter going into reverse on its own.
- Front suspension lockout: Since there are no outward indications of a collision or accident, it appears that the suspension broke on its own or may have come loose after hitting a pothole or other obstacle. These quality issues are damaging Ola Electric’s reputation and discouraging consumers considering purchasing an electric vehicle.
- Delivery of unfinished products: The product continues to feel rushed into production, and a lot more power fine-tuning is needed for the ideal riding experience (media player bikes were still running beta software).
- Lack of effective communication: Concerns about the effectiveness of the new dealer support model, particularly in semi-urban and rural areas. The OLA Electric app and customer service call center are the first points of contact for customers.
Conclusion of the Ola electric scooter
Performance testing is arguably the most crucial component of Ola’s electric vehicle, the company’s first offering. There were a few rough edges as the software was still in beta and improvements were still being made, but overall the experience was positive enough to say with certainty that this electric rival should be taken seriously by those making gasoline engines.